Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does The National offer full service catering?
Yes. We offer a range of special event catering, ranging from small groups in the dining room, off-site catering, private events in the Cine Lab, to-go platters and, on occasion, restaurant buy-outs. We are happy to work within your budget and staffing requirements.
2. Do we have to order off of the regular menu or do you offer a wider selection for catering?
We can offer just about anything for catering. Please contact our Special Events Manager Nathan Goodman at email@example.com with detailed menu requests and our Executive Chef Peter Dale will craft a menu based on your taste and budgetary needs. If you are interested in a simple to-go platter, please see the to-go menu.
3. Does The National coordinate rentals?
Yes. We actually prefer to arrange rentals for your event. Our event planning staff can arrange all the details for your event including rentals, flowers and decorations, table set-up and break-down. The fee for event planning and room set-up is $15 per hour per staff member. If you would like to provide your own rentals, we will need to work together to make sure that you have everything you need and you will be responsible for breakage and lost items.
4. We would like to provide our own alcohol. Can you serve it for us?
We are happy to serve alcohol that you provide. Staffing rates are $15 per hour plus gratuity. We can work together to estimate beverage quantities, and we will be happy to provide glassware.
5. We are on a tight budget. How can we save money and still have a great event?
We will happily work together to fit our offerings into your budget. There are many creative ways we can help you stay within budget, from prix-fixe menu options and limited staffing to a reduced guest count and to-go platters.
6. How far will you travel for catering?
The National provides off-site catering on a limited basis. Please contactNathan Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and customized information.
7. We are having an office party and our employees are each bringing a dish. Can you supply 1 or 2 items and service?
Yes. Some of your favorite items from The National are available to-go and make great additions to your party spread. At least 24-hours notice required. Staffing rates are $15 per hour plus gratuity.
8. I would like to talk about my event and get a quote before I make a decision. Does this cost money?
No. Quotes and initial consults are free. Please contact Nathan Goodman at email@example.com for availability and customized event information.
9. I want to book a private event in the Cine Lab to be catered by The National, should I contact Cine?
No. If The National will be catering the event, it is always best to book the Lab through Nathan Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To plan a special event with us, contact our Special Events Manager Nathan Goodman at email@example.com